FES Resource Information
FES Resource Guide
First created through the generous support of the PVA organization, the FES Resource Guide lists a variety of international programs that deal with FES research and delivery.
This page contains some Web sites to further your search for related organizations and information. Listing in this section does not imply endorsement of information, products or services offered in the Web sites.
Please contact these programs directly to verify accuracy of information.
Service Organization Partners
- Paralyzed Veterans of America
- PVA Buckeye Chapter
- Neurotech Network
- The Movement Disorder Foundation
- American Association of Spinal Cord Injury Nurses (AASCIN)
- American Association of Spinal Cord Injury Psychologists and Social Workers
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- American Spinal Injury Association (ASIA)
- American Urological Association (AUA)
- Centers of Excellence - Rehabilitation Research & Development Service
- Christopher & Dana Reeve Paralysis Resource Center
- Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation
- Congressional Contact
- Consortium for Spinal Cord Medicine
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- United Spinal Association
- International Spinal Cord Society (ISCoS)
- National Center for the Dissemination of Disability Research
- National Spinal Cord Injury Association
- University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB)
- USA TechGuide to Assistive Technology
Related Research for SCI
- Regeneration using Stem Cell: for more information on this area, contact: Miami Project
- National Institutes of Health
- The SCI Web Special features available include: an alphabetical index of SCI-related terms to help search for specific information; table of contents with SCI topics arranged by categories; directory of SCI organizations; research projects; surveys and more.
- Federation of Spine Associations (FOSA)
- Council of Musculoskeletal Societies (COMSS) Web site for AAOS
- American Paraplegia Society (APS)
- American Academy of PM&R (AAPM&R)
- American Board of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (ABPMR)
- CARF- The Rehabilitation Accreditation Commission
- Model Systems Knowledge Translation Center - Spinal Cord Injury
- National Spinal Cord Injury Association (NSCIA)
- Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation
- Christopher and Dana Reeve Paralysis Resource Center
- Spinal Cord Injury Resource Center
- Paralyzed Veterans Of America
- Foundation for Spinal Cord Injury Prevention, Care & Cure (FSCIPCC)
- New Mobility
- National Rehabilitation Information Center
- National Library of Medicine
- National Organization on Disability www.nod.org
- National Health Information Center
- U.S. Department of Education, National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research
- National Statistical Center of the Model Spinal Cord Injury Care Systems University of Alabama at Birmingham
- National Center for the Dissemination of Disability Research (NCDDR)
- American Association of SCI Nurses
- American Association of SCI Psychologists and Social Workers
- Rehabilitation Research & Development for the Department of Veterans Affairs
- The Bone and Joint Decade. The Bone and Joint Decade's July 2003 Newsletter (requires Adobe Acrobat Reader, a free download) or read it online.
- Topics in Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation
- Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation www.oref.org
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- APTA Neurology Section Find information on the Special Interest Group here!
- North American Spine Society NASS Research Grants and Fellowships Application
- The Miami Project to Cure Paralysis
- Spinal Cord Injury Association of Illinois
- MSCIS Dissemination Center
- Spinal Cord Injury Information Pages
Related to Stroke
- AARP Webplace An excellent site that features many helpful articles, tutorials and links for caregivers.
- AgeNet - Eldercare Network Many useful features for older adults and caregivers.
- AGS Foundation for Health in Aging A useful and informative site from the American Geriatrics Society. Includes Eldercare at Home , a comprehensive online guide for family caregivers
- Aging Solutions A very comprehensive site including articles, comprehensive checklists, and links to key resources.
- American Stroke Association Well-presented support information for stroke patient caregivers.
- Caregiver.com A thorough directory of caregiver support sites arranged by condition.
- ElderCare Online An excellent site featuring articles, links, message boards, caregiver stories and Tips on Being a Caregiver a nicely written article on understanding your new role as a caregiver.
- ElderWeb One of the first and finest sites devoted entirely to caregiving.
- Empowering Caregivers Message boards, original articles and many forms of support for caregivers.
- Family Caregiver Alliance Very professional site with plenty of relevant information, links, statistics and resources including the Caregiver's Fact Sheet
- Medical View Excellent short videos about caring for patients with dementia. (Listed under "Alzheimer's disease.")
- National Family Caregivers Association Excellent source of caregiving information, tips, services and support.
- SAFE - Stroke Awareness for Everyone A very nice resource that features email support, message boards and a helpful Stroke Caregiver's Handbook ( format).
- Senior Care Web Good information on general caregiving concerns.
- Stroke Network A nice directory of resources and a network of online support groups specifically for caregivers of stroke patients.
- Web of Care Detailed caregiver information for a wide variety of conditions. Impressive animated tutorials on specific caregiver functions and situation.