Inspire Upper Airway Stimulation (UAS) Surgery
Inspire UAS therapy involves a fully implantable device that stimulates the airway to open with each breath during sleep. Unlike soft tissue or bony surgery, there is no manipulation of the throat itself. UAS is typically performed on an outpatient basis and requires less recovery than traditional sleep surgery. The therapy settings are titratable and adjustable, similar to a CPAP. Candidates for Inspire UAS:
- Are 22 years of age or older
- Have OSA with number of breathing pauses (apnea-hypopnea index, AHI) between 15 and 65 per hour
- Are unable to use or get consistent benefit from CPAP
- Are not significantly overweight (body mass index, BMI <32-35)>
- Have appropriate patterns of throat collapse on DISE
Watch how Inspire Sleep Apnea Innovation can help treat your Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Researchers rely on individuals to serve as volunteers for program studies. Each study is designed to answer questions about a specific medical aspect or the effectiveness of a particular treatment. Through the commitment of research volunteers, knowledge gained and communicated to other medical professionals ultimately benefits the community.
If you would like more information about becoming a research volunteer please submit the information below.