Areas of Interest
- Processing/structure/property relationships in ferrous and non-ferrous engineering materials
- Effects of superposed pressure on deformation/fracture; fatigue and fracture of intermetallics and composites, bulk metallic glass, and layered/laminated materials
- Deformation processing; blast-resistant materials; advanced engineered materials systems
- Fracture and fatigue of biomedical materials; failure analysis; and additive manufacturing.
Entire publication list can be found here.
- Jafary-Zadeh M, Praveen Kumar G, Branicio PS, Seifi M, Lewandowski JJ, Cui F. A Critical Review on Metallic Glasses as Structural Materials for Cardiovascular Stent Applications. J Funct Biomater. 2018 Feb 27;9(1). pii: E19. doi: 10.3390/jfb9010019. Review. PubMed PMID: 29495521; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5872105.
- Lewandowski, J.J., Varadarajan, R., Smith, B., Tuma, C., Shazly, M., and Vatamanu, L.O. (2008). “Tension and Fatigue Behavior of 316LVM 1x7 Multi-strand Cables used as Implantable Electrodes”, Materials Science and Engineering A, 486(1-2), pp. 447-454.
- Lewandowski, J.J. , Varadarajan, R., and Smith, B. (2008). “Tension and Fatigue Behavior of Silver-cored Composite Multi-strand Cables Used as Implantable Cables and Electrodes”, Materials Science and Engineering A, 492, pp. 191-198.
- Lavvafi, H., Lewandowski, J.R., and Lewandowski, J.J. (2014). “Flex Bending Fatigue of Wires and Ribbons”, Materials Science and Engineering A, 601, pp. 123-130.
- Gbur, J. and Lewandowski, J.J. (2016) “Fracture and Fatigue of Wires and Cables Used in the Biomedical Industry”, International Materials Reviews, 61(4), pp. 231-314.
- Lewandowski, J.J. and Seifi, M. (2016) "Metal additive manufacturing: a review of mechanical properties" Annual Review of Materials Research, 46, 151-186.
- Lavvafi, H., Lewandowski, M.E., Schwam, D., Lewandowski, J.J. (2017). "Effects of surface laser treatments on microstructure, tension, and fatigue behavior of AISI 316LVM biomedical wires", Materials Science and Engineering: A 688, 101-113.
- Luo, J., Ye, W., Ma, X., Bobanga, J.O., Lewandowski, J.J. (2018). "The evolution and effects of second phase particles during hot extrusion and re-extrusion of a NiTi shape memory alloy" Journal of Alloys and Compounds 735, 1145-1151.
- Luo, J., Bobanga, J.O., and Lewandowski, J.J. (2017). "Microstructural heterogeneity and texture of as-received, vacuum arc-cast, extruded, and re-extruded NiTi shape memory alloy", Journal of Alloys and Compounds 712, 494-509.