Sweet, Jennifer, MD
As an academic neurosurgeon in the field of Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery, I am dedicated to a career as a physician-scientist. My broad background in neurosurgery, with additional training in deep brain stimulation, stereotaxy, epilepsy surgery, pain, peripheral nerve disorders, and radiosurgery, has equipped me with the technical skills and fund of knowledge necessary to pursue my research goals. By successfully administering projects (e.g. staffing, research protections, and budget), working with other researchers across multiple disciplines, and producing several peer-reviewed publications from each project, I have a significant understanding of devising and accomplishing a feasible research plan. It is also my good fortune to work with a dedicated team of teachers, leaders, and life-long scholars, who are greatly supportive and invested in our collaborative research endeavors. In summary, I have a demonstrated record of successful and productive research projects in areas of high relevance, and my experience and expertise have prepared me to participate in the proposed project.
- Investigator, Cleveland FES Center
- Neurological Surgeon, University Hospitals of Cleveland, OH
- Assistant Professor, Neurosurgery, School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH
- Hayek SM, Sweet JA, Miller JP, Sayegh RR. Successful management of corneal neuropathic pain with intrathecal targeted drug delivery. Pain Medicine. 2015 Dec 14. Epub ahead of print.
- Sayegh RR, Miller JP, Sweet JA, Hayek SM. Electrical stimulation of the trigeminal tract and intrathecal drug delivery systems for the management of corneal neuropathic pain. Cornea. 2016 Jan 21. Epub ahead of print.
- Fastenau PS, Bailey CM, Sweet JA, Munyon CN, Lüders HO, Miller JP. Reply: the challenges for research on deep brain stimulation and memory. Brain. 2015 Oct 22. Epub ahead of print.
- Sweet J, Badjatiya A, Tan D, Miller J. Paresthesia-Free High-Density Spinal Cord Stimulation for Postlaminectomy Syndrome in a Prescreened Population: A Prospective Case Series. Neuromodulation. 2015 Oct 20; doi: 10.1111/ner.12357 Pubmed PMID: 26481726
- Tan D, Tyler D, Sweet J, Miller J. Intensity Modulation: A Novel Approach to Percept Control in Spinal Cord Stimulation. Neuromodulation. 2015 Oct 19; doi: 10.1111/ner.12358 Pubmed PMID: 26479774
- Sweet JA, Mitchell LS, Narouze S, Sharan AD, Falowski SM, Schwalb JM, Machado A, Rosenow JM, Petersen EA, Hayek SM, Arle JE, Pilitsis JG. Occipital Nerve Stimulation for the Treatment of Patients With Medically Refractory Occipital Neuralgia: Congress of Neurological Surgeons Systematic Review and Evidence-Based Guideline. Neurosurgery. 2015 Sep;77(3):332–341. doi: 10.1227/NEU.0000000000000872 Pubmed PMID: 26125672
- Donovan C, Sweet J, Eccher M, Megerian C, Semaan M, Murray G, Miller J. Deep Brain Stimulation of Heschl Gyrus: Implantation Technique, Intraoperative Localization, and Effects of Stimulation. Neurosurgery. 2015 Aug 14; doi: 10.1227/NEU.0000000000000969 Pubmed PMID: 26280116
- Suresh S, Sweet J, Fastenau PS, Lüders H, Landazuri P, Miller J. Temporal lobe epilepsy in patients with nonlesional MRI and normal memory: an SEEG study. J Neurosurg. 2015 Jul 24;1–7. doi: 10.3171/2015.1.JNS141811 Pubmed PMID: 26207602
- Duan Y, Sweet J, Munyon C, Miller J. Degree of distal trigeminal nerve atrophy predicts outcome after microvascular decompression for Type 1a trigeminal neuralgia. J Neurosurg. 2015 Jul 17;1–7. doi: 10.3171/2014.12.JNS142086 Pubmed PMID: 26186027
- Miller JP, Sweet JA, Bailey CM, Munyon CN, Luders HO, Fastenau PS. Visual-spatial memory may be enhanced with theta burst deep brain stimulation of the fornix: a preliminary investigation with four cases. Brain. 2015 Jul;138(Pt 7):1833–1842. doi: 10.1093/brain/awv095 Pubmed PMID: 26106097
- Sweet JA, Eakin KC, Munyon CN, Miller JP. Improved learning and memory with theta-burst stimulation of the fornix in rat model of traumatic brain injury. Hippocampus. 2014 Dec;24(12):1592–1600. doi: 10.1002/hipo.22338 Pubmed PMID: 25087862
|Contact Name:||Pauline Milton|
|Contact Number:||(216) 844-3192|