Anderson, Kimberly, PhD
My research has focused on translational investigations and bridging the gap between basic science, clinical science, and the public community living with spinal cord injury (SCI). Several of my studies have focused on obtaining the perspective of people living with SCI on various aspects of research, including functional priorities, acceptable benefits and risks, preferences for neuroprosthetics, and exercise participation. I have expertise in SCI outcome measures and have conducted a multi-center clinical study evaluating the reliability and validity of the Spinal Cord Independence Measure in the US healthcare setting. In addition to pursuing my own research regarding chronic injury, I was part of the leadership team running the 6 FDA-regulated Schwann cell transplantation clinical trials while a faculty member at the University of Miami. At MetroHealth-CWRU, I am contributing my expertise in clinical trials with the upper extremity team pursuing implanted stimulation devices for SCI and further developing my independent research efforts addressing issues important to people living with SCI with an emphasis on translational research to deploy treatments.
- Investigator, Cleveland FES Center
- Professor, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, MetroHealth Medical Center, Cleveland, OH
- Widerström-Noga E, Anderson KD, Perez S, Martinez-Arizala A, Cambridge JM.
Subgroup perspectives on chronic pain and its management after spinal cord
injury. J Pain. 2018 Jul 26. pii: S1526-5900(18)30354-7. doi:
10.1016/j.jpain.2018.07.003. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 30056113.
- Jones LAT, Bryden A, Wheeler TL, Tansey KE, Anderson KD, Beattie MS, Blight A, Curt A, Field-Fote E, Guest JD, Hseih J, Jakeman LB, Kalsi-Ryan S, Krisa L, Lammertse DP, Leiby B, Marino R, Schwab JM, Scivoletto G, Tulsky DS, Wirth E, Zariffa J, Kleitman N, Mulcahey MJ, Steeves JD. Considerations and recommendations for selection and utilization of upper extremity clinical outcome assessments in human spinal cord injury trials. Spinal cord. 2018; 56(5):414-425. PubMed [journal] PMID: 29284795, PMCID: PMC5951792
- Levi AD, Okonkwo DO, Park P, Jenkins AL 3rd, Kurpad SN, Parr AM, Ganju A, Aarabi B, Kim D, Casha S, Fehlings MG, Harrop JS, Anderson KD, Gage A, Hsieh J, Huhn S, Curt A, Guzman R. Emerging Safety of Intramedullary Transplantation of Human Neural Stem Cells in Chronic Cervical and Thoracic Spinal Cord Injury. Neurosurgery. 2018; 82(4):562-575. PubMed [journal] PMID: 2854143
- Gant KL, Nagle KG, Cowan RE, Field-Fote EC, Nash MS, Kressler J, Thomas CK, Castellanos M, Widerström-Noga E, Anderson KD. Body System Effects of a Multi-Modal Training Program Targeting Chronic, Motor Complete Thoracic Spinal Cord Injury. Journal of neurotrauma. 2018; 35(3):411-423. PubMed [journal] PMID: 28795657
|Contact Name:||Kim Anderson|
|Contact Email:||(216) 957-3682|