Lempka, Scott, PhD
I am most interested in research that focuses on the development and direct implementation of scientific tools to improve the quality of patient care. In the areas of DBS and neural engineering, my research has been concentrated on projects that are directly relevant to clinic applications. My research interests are not limited to the area of neural engineering and my skill set as a biomedical engineer can be applied to a wide variety of clinical research.
- Investigator, Cleveland FES Center
- Biomedical Engineering, Cleveland VA Medical Center, Cleveland, OH
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Cleveland Clinic, Center for Neurological Restoration, Cleveland, OH
- Malaga KA, Schroeder KE, Patel PR, Irwin ZT, Thompson DE, Nicole Bentley J, Lempka SF, Chestek CA, Patil PG. Data-driven model comparing the effects of glial scarring and interface interactions on chronic neural recordings in non-human primates. J Neural Eng. 2015 Dec 14;13(1):016010. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 26655972.
- Lempka SF, McIntyre CC, Kilgore KL, Machado AG. Computational analysis of kilohertz frequency spinal cord stimulation for chronic pain management. Anesthesiology. 2015 Jun;122(6):1362–1376. doi: 10.1097/ALN.0000000000000649 Pubmed PMID: 25822589
- Matias CM, Mehanna R, Cooper SE, Amit A, Lempka SF, Silva D, Carlotti CG, Butler RS, Machado AG. Correlation among anatomic landmarks, location of subthalamic deep brain stimulation electrodes, stimulation parameters, and side effects during programming monopolar review. Neurosurgery. 2015 Mar;11 Suppl 2:99–109. doi: 10.1227/NEU.0000000000000645 Pubmed PMID: 25599207
- McIntyre CC, Chaturvedi A, Shamir RR, Lempka SF. Engineering the next generation of clinical deep brain stimulation technology. Brain Stimul. 2015 Feb;8(1):21–26. doi: 10.1016/j.brs.2014.07.039 Pubmed PMID: 25161150
- Nagel SJ, Lempka SF, Machado AG. Percutaneous spinal cord stimulation for chronic pain: indications and patient selection. Neurosurg Clin N Am. 2014 Oct;25(4):723–733. doi: 10.1016/j.nec.2014.06.005 Pubmed PMID: 25240659
- Matias CM, Amit A, Lempka SF, Ozinga JG, Nagel SJ, Lobel DA, Machado AG. Long-term outcomes after replacement of percutaneous leads with paddle leads in a retrospective cohort of patients with spinal cord stimulation systems. Neurosurgery. 2014 Oct;75(4):430–436; discussion 436. doi: 10.1227/NEU.0000000000000460 Pubmed PMID: 24983442
- Moore NZ, Lempka SF, Machado A. Central neuromodulation for refractory pain. Neurosurg Clin N Am. 2014 Jan;25(1):77–83. doi: 10.1016/j.nec.2013.08.011 Pubmed PMID: 24262901
- Lempka SF, McIntyre CC. Theoretical analysis of the local field potential in deep brain stimulation applications. PLoS ONE. 2013;8(3):e59839. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0059839 Pubmed PMID: 23555799
|Contact Name:||Scott Lempka|
|Contact Number:||(216) 445-3291|