Bogie, Kath, D Phil
My research interests are in the areas of wound prevention and treatment, particularly in individuals with paralysis and in the biomechanics of wheelchairs and seating for people with limited mobility. My research includes both clinical and basic science studies to investigate and evaluate novel approaches including biomarkers for pressure ulcer risk and population risk factors for chronic wound prevention and management.
- Investigator, Cleveland FES Center
- Research Scientist, Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center, Cleveland, OH
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Departments of Orthopaedics and Biomedical Engineering, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH
- Ho CH, Triolo RJ, Elias AL, Kilgore KL, DiMarco AF, Bogie K, Vette AH, Audu ML, Kobetic R, Chang SR, Chan KM, Dukelow S, Bourbeau DJ, Brose SW, Gustafson KJ, Kiss ZH, Mushahwar VK. Functional electrical stimulation and spinal cord injury. Phys Med Rehabil Clin N Am. 2014 Aug;25(3):631-54, ix. doi: 10.1016/j.pmr.2014.05.001. Review. PubMed PMID: 25064792; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4519233.
- Wu GA, Lombardo L, Triolo RJ, Bogie KM. The effects of combined trunk and gluteal neuromuscular electrical stimulation on posture and tissue health in spinal cord injury. PM R. 2013 Aug;5(8):688-96. doi: 10.1016/j.pmrj.2013.03.025. Epub 2013 Mar 28. PubMed PMID: 23542776.
|Contact Name:||Kath Bogie|