Anderson, James, MD
Dr. Anderson’s research interests focused around his passion for complex spinal problems.
Held by Dr. Anderson upon his departure from the Cleveland FES Center in 2014:
- Investigator, Cleveland FES Center
- Interim Director, Division of Neurological Surgery, MetroHealth Medical Center, Cleveland, OH
- Assistant Professor, Case Western Reserve University,Cleveland, OH
- Triolo RJ, Bailey SN, Miller ME, Rohde LM,†Anderson JS,Davis JA Jr, Abbas JJ,Diponio LA, Forrest GP, Gater DR Jr, Yang LJ. Longitudinal performance of a surgically implanted neuroprosthesis for lower-extremity exercise, standing, and transfers after spinal cord injury. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2012 May;93(5):896-904. PubMed PMID: 22541312.
- Fisher L, D.J. Tyler,J.S. Anderson, R.J. Triolo, Chronic stability and selectivity of four-contact spiral nerve-cuff electrodes in stimulating the human femoral nerve, Joual of Neural Engineering 6, 2009.
- Johnson T, G. Nemunaitis, J. Nagy, M. Boulet, L. Boggs, M. Miller,J. Anderson,†H. Hoyen, M. Keith, K. Nicolackis, L. Murray, R. Triolo Trunk muscle neuromuscular stimulation: A case study of the effects on spinal alignment and respiratory function in a tetraplegic, American Spinal Injury Association (ASIA) meeting, June 19-22, 2008.
- Fisher L., M. Miller, S. Nogan, J. Davis,J. Anderson,L. Murray, D. Tyler, R. Triolo, Standing after spinal cord injury with four contact nerve-cuff electrodes for quadriceps stimulation, IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering 16(5):473-478, 2008.
- Schiefer MA, Freeberg M, Pinault GJ, Anderson J., Hoyen H, Tyler DJ, Triolo RJ. ?Selective activation of the human tibial and common peroneal nerves with a flat interface nerve electrode. J Neural Eng. 2013 Oct;10(5):056006. doi: 10.1088/1741-2560/10/5/056006. Epub 2013 Aug 5. PubMed PMID: 23918148; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3809099